Dayton, Ohio Area
Human Resources Strategic Partner at NCR Corporation
Address: Dayton, Ohio Area
- HR Strategic Business Partner at NCR Corporation
- HR Consultant (Generalist) at NCR
- Director of Human Resources at Hospice of Dayton
- Wright State University
Industry: Computer Hardware
Deedra Bakan’s Summary
Senior Human Resources professional with in-depth experience in implementing human resource practices and designing work systems to align with corporate strategic objectives. Skilled at performing the role of employee advocate to create work environments that foster motivated, high-performing and engaged employees. Provides HR expertise and direction to all levels of management including senior leadership team to successfully accomplish complex changes within organization structure and operations.
Deedra Bakan’s Specialties:
• Staffing and Onboarding
• Compensation and Benefits
• Talent Management
• Employee Relations
• Job Design and Evaluation
• Performance Appraisal
• Succession Planning
• Employee Development
• Rewards and Recognition
• Performance Improvement
• Mergers and Acquisitions
HR Strategic Business Partner
(Public Company; NCR; Information Technology and Services industry)
January 2003 — Present (7 years 7 months)
Partnered with Global Vice Presidents and Directors of Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Communications organizations to achieve short and long-term business goals and objectives. Ensured sound human resource practices were established and successfully deployed to attain overall strategic business plan.
• Partnered with Global Marketing Vice President to design and transition the Global Marketing organization from an Industry focused model to a line of business organizational model. Re-evaluated and implemented new grade structure for marketing roles, realigned employees and made compensation changes where necessary.
• Designed and realigned sales compensation plans and implemented sales contests to motivate and change behavior of sales associates to achieve North American sales objectives.
• Led Talent Management program to analyze and stratify the Sales and Marketing organizations into talent tiers. Created development plans and assignments to advance high potential talent, operationalized take-out from bottom 5%, and implemented improvement plans for next 5%. Implemented program to identify Succession Candidates for key positions.
• Collaborated with Learning Consultant to redesign and significantly improve the new college grad sales training program. This new program produced new hires with increased product knowledge and higher level selling skills. Reduced travel costs by centralizing training location. Awarded the Quarterly HR Achievement Award for this program.
• Managed and personally implemented numerous human resources activities including retention management, candidate selection and hiring, onboarding, performance improvement plans, cost reduction initiatives, process improvement, employee relations, coaching, compensation, labor litigation support, merger and acquisition support and ethics investigations.
Wright State University
1984 — 1989
Deedra Bakan’s Contact Settings
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
Deedra Bakan’s Groups:
- Executive Suite
- Linked:HR (#1 Human Resources Group)
- Linked Dayton
- Wright State University Alumni
- NCR Alumni
- Miami Valley Human Resource Association - MVHRA - SHRM
- Star:Jobs Professional Career Center
- Linked:HR RETENTION
- Greater Columbus/Dayton Defense Technology and Intelligence Job Network
- Girls on the Run of Dayton